If you love riding you know how important having a helmet is. In this article, we give you a list of some of the best helmets under $100 to ensure that you are safe every time you get on that mountain bike.
I have been riding a bike since I was 7 years old and it’s been the best thing in my life. When I discovered mountain biking, I fell even more in love with cycling. Mountain biking gives me so much confidence and adrenaline to push on further through rough terrain and it’s a great hobby. I love mountain biking because it is a great way to exercise and also helps me get some quiet time to think and enjoy nature.
Besides the full-body workout, I’m able to learn balance and coordination every time I get on the bike. If you are a mountain biker, you probably understand the need for a good helmet. It is a compulsory requirement anytime you go out riding because you never know what might happen.
You should consider a lot of features like ventilation and quality of these helmets before you buy one. A good helmet will fit very well and properly absorb impact so that your head doesn’t. Worried about choosing a good one? In this article, I will give you a list of some of the best mountain bike helmets that you can buy under $100.
- 1 7 Best Mountain bike helmets under $100- Comparison Table
- 1.1 Lixada mountain bike helmet Ultra-light- Great Outdoor safety helmet
- 1.2 CCTRO adult bike helmet- Eco-friendly Adjustable bike helmet
- 1.3 Base Camp Neo Moutain bike helmet- High-performance protective bike helmet.
- 1.4 Giro Fixture MIPS Bike helmet- Stylish Mountain bike under $100
- 1.5 Exclusky BMO mountain bike helmet- Offering you maximum safety
- 1.6 Troy Lee Designs A1 Drone- Ideal mountain biking helmet for adults
- 1.7 Shinmax Bike helmet- Cycling helmet for adult mountain biking.
- 1.8 Specs
- 2 What to consider when buying a mountain bike helmet under $100
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
7 Best Mountain bike helmets under $100- Comparison Table
Lixada mountain bike helmet
CCTRO adult bike helmet
Base Camp Neo Moutain bike helmet
Giro Fixture Bike helmet
Exclusky BMO mountain bike helmet
Troy Lee Designs Helmet
Shinmax Bike helmet
Lixada mountain bike helmet Ultra-light- Great Outdoor safety helmet
- Integrated in-mold PC shell with multi-dimensional cone-shape EPS impact foam. Ventilated channel system with13 vents provide cooling airflow when you’re riding hard.
- One-hand Fit adjustment back wheel for comfort wearing, suitable for head circumference 22.0 - 24.4 inch.
This is an adjustable helmet that is ideal for both men and women mountain bikers. The Lixada ultralight bike helmet is great for outdoor cycling and mountain biking.
- Has 13 vents
- Removable inner padding
- It comes with a visor
- Weighs 361 grams
- Made of EPS & PC material
This is a helmet that was specifically designed for mountain bikers. It is also great for trail cycling and scootering to offer you protection. This is a lightweight helmet that’s easy to carry around wherever you go. With the built-in visor, you don’t have to worry about carrying glasses or a hat when you go riding. You can easily adjust this helmet to fit you better. There is a wide range of colors for you to choose from. It also comes with inner padding to help with excess sweating.
- This helmet has 13 vents to provide cooling airflow when you are riding hard and for proper ventilation.
- The inner paddings are removable to properly absorb shocks upon impact in case anything happens.
- The helmet is very breathable because of the 13 vents.
- The removable chin guard offers more protection while riding
- The visor attached to the helmet protects you from the sun, rain, and other particles.
- It is very big for some users and doesn’t fit very well.
The Lixanda bike helmet will be sure to keep you safe while mountain biking. With an adjustable chin strap and sizer for a proper fit, you will love this helmet while riding. This is a great helmet for both men and women that is very comfortable for cycling. It is also affordable.
CCTRO adult bike helmet- Eco-friendly Adjustable bike helmet
The CCTRO adult helmet is ideal for both men and women mountain bikers for protection. This is an adjustable lightweight helmet ideal for cyclists.
- It has 18 vents
- Comes in 10 different colors
- Made of EPS+PC materials
- The head circumference is 55-60cm
- It comes with a visor.
This helmet comes in a variety of colors and sizes allowing you to easily pick your favorite. It is made with durable material to reduce damage and cracks in case of accidents. The 18 vents at the top of the helmet are ideal when the riding gets intense. It is constructed to be durable with PC material which makes it a good choice to avoid accidents. The foam lining is there to absorb the shock upon impact and protect you from very serious injuries.
- The EPS material that this helmet is made of makes it durable and more comfortable
- The helmet is resistant to shock due to the inner foam lining/
- The 18 vents bring in cool air keeping you well-ventilated as you ride.
- The lining pads are removable and absorb sweat to keep you comfortable. It is also very easy to wash.
- The strap is adjustable to fit your head circumference and stay safe while cycling.
- The visor is not as durable and can break
- It can be challenging to change the adjustments when you try at first.
The CCTRO helmet offers safety and style that you would love to have in your gear. It has a stylish design with beautiful color combinations for you to choose the perfect look from. With all these choices, you are sure to get the perfect one for you.
Base Camp Neo Moutain bike helmet- High-performance protective bike helmet.
- NEO is a modern, comfortable, and feature packed MTB helmet made specifically for trail riding, it's the perfect choice for aspiring off-road adventurers.
- The NEO offers optimal cranial coverage and security by cradling the occipital bone for full protection, which translates to more confidence on rough, technical terrain.
The Base Camp Neo MTB helmet offers great support and performance for cycling. This is a versatile helmet assured to protect you while mountain biking.
- The core material is made of EPS foam
- It has 7 vents
- It weighs 254 grams
- It comes in color white
The shape of this helmet provides better coverage to offer more protection to very vulnerable areas. It has fewer seams for better construction and more confident protection in case anything happens. This Neo Camp helmet offers a lot of features to keep you comfortable. With 18 vents you are ensured of a very cool ride. The shell material is made of polycarbonate.
- The fixed side straps offer a better fit, with adjustable chin straps and visor.
- The visor is easily adjustable and removable for protection from the sun and other particles.
- The 18 vents ensure you are cool and there is better airflow while you cycle.
- It has a breathable inner lining that sits around your head that protects from too much bacteria building in your helmet to keep it smelling fresh.
- The design of the helmet ensures that it fits well on your head and fully protects the occipital bone.
- This helmet may not fit smaller heads very well
- It is only available in two colors.
The Neo MTB helmet is one of the best in the industry. With a simple design to offer more protection, it comes with an adjustable chin strap and visor. This is a great mountain bike helmet for those intense biker looking for higher levels of protection and comfort.
Giro Fixture MIPS Bike helmet- Stylish Mountain bike under $100
- MARKET-LEADING PROTECTION: Engineered in Giro’s category-leading helmet test lab
- INTEGRATED MIPS: Utilizes the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System to redirect energy in a crash
The Giro Fixture is a very stylish mountain bike helmet under $100. This is a great bike that comes integrated with MIPS for better protection by redirecting energy upon impact.
- It is synthetic
- Integrated with MIPS
- It has a rugged in-mold construction
- Universal fit sizing.
This bike helmet comes in six colors that you can choose from. With a universal fit sizing, you will be able to wear it right out of the box. The MIPS technology makes this helmet safer than others on this list. It utilizes the multi-directional impact protection system to be able to redirect the energy in the case of impact. There are 18wind tunnel vents to ensure that there is enough airflow while you ride.
- MIPS technology offers more protection and safety in the case of a crash.
- It comes in six colors for you to choose from.
- It has a removable visor to protect you from the sun, low hanging branches, and dirt particles.
- It comes with 18 ventilation vents to be able to keep you cool.
- The helmet is durable and made of a hard shell to prevent it from breaking and for your protection.
- It is hard to adjust the fit system.
To make a bike helmet suitable for those who love mountain biking it has to come with a solid fit, great colors, and some safety features. The Giro Fixture MIPS helmet has all this. This is not only a cheaper option but it offers you great value for your money.
Exclusky BMO mountain bike helmet- Offering you maximum safety
- Protection: This mountain bike helmet is US CPSC standards certified. Material of thickened multi-density EPS foam inside helmet absorb impact energy effectively to minimize the risk of harms to head in crash, and extended rear shaped guarantees full...
- Optimal Ventilation and Lightweight: To guarantee you benefit from optimal ventilation and save physical strength at same time with this MTB bicycle helmet, 18 air vents is formed on this bicycle helmet while it weights only 280g. Experience of mountain...
This is an optimal mountain bike helmet that is not only lightweight but offers protection while riding. With a detachable visor, this is a good choice for mountain biking.
- Helmet circumference of 22.05-24.01 inches.
- The adjustable chin strap and rear dial
- Detachable visor
- Has 18 vents
- The fit on this helmet is adjustable allowing you to adjust it to the perfect fit for you.
There is enough coverage for the back of your head which many helmets at this price would not offer. It is lightweight, ideal for mountain biking, and comes with an inner removable liner. Due to the sweat that accumulates, you will have to frequently wash it. This helmet cannot be used after one impact, you will need to get another one.
- It is lightweight allowing you to carry it around without getting too tired.
- The dial retention system is easily adjustable to secure the helmet perfectly on your head.
- This helmet has a sun visor that helps you focus on cycling by protecting you from leaves and other elements.
- The material used to make the inside of the helmet is made of EPS foam to absorb the impact energy in case of a crash.
- The clasp is difficult to snap and unclasp on this bike helmet.
The Exclusky BMO mountain bike helmet is a good quality helmet especially for beginners at a very good price range. The ventilation is good and offers adequate protection while riding. The sun visor only adds to the great features of this helmet that you will love while going mountain biking.
Troy Lee Designs A1 Drone- Ideal mountain biking helmet for adults
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability
- 8 pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation and 8 rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from head
The Troy Lee Desiigns A1 drone bike helmet comes with great safety features to for a confident and enjoyable ride. Below are some of the features.
- 8 vents
- Sizes range from small to XXL.
- It has an adjustable retention mechanism
- Adjustable visor
- EPS liner
The Troy Lee designs helmet is a firm bike helmet built with a polycarbonate shield which is very durable and offers protection on all sides. It offers proper ventilation with 8 vents to keep you cool and also 8 more vents in the rear for those hot summers. This helmet is easily adjustable to keep you comfortable while riding.
- The 8 vents at the front and 8 at the rear draw cool air in allowing maximum ventilation to remove heat from your head.
- The adjustable retention system makes it easy to customize the fit for various head shapes and riding styles.
- There is a removable and washable liner to absorb moisture and keep away bacteria.
- It is quite bulky.
- It does not have MIPS
Troy Lee Designs A1 helmet is not perfect but it comes close. For this price range, the ventilation and durability features offer quality for any mountain biker. It is very durable and is designed to protect you from any type of injury. This is a great choice of a mountain biking helmet.
Shinmax Bike helmet- Cycling helmet for adult mountain biking.
- 【USB Rechargeable Back Light】Built-in USB rechargeable rear light, mountain bike helmet guarantees the highest possible protection and visibility on city roads. 3 lighting modes - steady, slow flashing and fast flashing will help people behind you...
- 【Safety Protection】In-molding superior technology joins thick EPS foam core and the outer polycarbonate shell, Shinmax cycling helmet ensure better shock absorption, giving you the best protection when road cycling or mountain biking.
This is a great mountain bike helmet for both men and women. It is also ideal for road biking. With the amazing safety features, this is a great helmet to have on the next time you go riding.
- USB rechargeable backlight
- 22 vents
- Detachable visors
- Portable backpack
This bike helmet is lined with removable pads to keep your helmet fresh and clean. With the backlight, it makes riding at night very easy and safe. There is also a remote control that lets you change the light patterns.
- It comes in a variety of colors to choose from.
- It has 22 large vents to allow better ventilation and help air circulate through the helmet.
- The tail light can be charged with USB offering you visibility while on the roads at night.
- The sun visor is removable allowing you to take it off whenever you want.
- The EPS foam lining ensures better shock absorption, giving you the best protection
- It does not have MIPS technology for safety
The Shinmax bike helmet is great for mountain biking and has amazing features for the price range. The taillight makes this helmet unique and safe while riding. You should consider this bike helmet if you usually ride at night.
What to consider when buying a mountain bike helmet under $100
It is not only the price that you should consider when buying a mountain bike helmet. Here are some more aspects you should consider before deciding to buy one.
The helmet construction is important in ensuring quality and safety while riding. Most helmets are made with polycarbonate to hold the liner together during impact and protect from hard objects. The liner is made of EPS foam whose main job is to absorb shock and transfer the energy away from your skull.
You should ensure that the helmet is also not too bulky to carry around. The design should include buckles, chin straps, and retention systems along with removable padding to provide optimum protection.
Size and Comfort
No matter the price and brand that you decide to go for, you should always prioritize the comfort and size. You should find a helmet that fits very well without too much room when you strap it on. Because different manufacturers have different sizes and shapes, you should always use a sizing guide if you are unsure. The helmet should comfortably stay on your head even without strapping it in.
Safety is the main purpose of wearing a helmet while riding your mountain bike. If you will be riding a lot in the dark, make sure you have a light or visibility. The ventilation in bike helmets keeps your head cool when it is too hot. There are other safety features like MIPS, an adjustable retention system that is important for your safety while mountain biking.
In summary, getting a mountain bike helmet can be a challenge, but with this list that will be much easier. Aside from the price, you should also consider the size, weight, and safety features that come with these helmets. Mountain biking can be dangerous, so never forget your helmet the next time you go riding.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I wear a bike helmet all the time?
Yes. If you are going to ride, it is important to always wear a helmet. This ensures your safety while cycling.
- How do I choose the best helmet?
To get the best helmet, it should fit you comfortably and offer the most coverage. Also consider the cycling you want to use it for, safety features, and the design of the helmets. The best helmet for you is one that suits your needs.